If you are looking for a way to upgrade your vehicle’s interior, you might be wondering what are the best options for seat covers, replacement leather, or factory OEM Seats. Each of these choices has its own advantages and disadvantages, depending on your budget, preferences, and goals. In this blog post, we will compare and contrast the different types of seat upgrade and how they can affect the appearance, comfort, and value of your vehicle.
Seat covers are the cheapest and easiest way to protect your seats from wear and tear, stains, and spills. They are also removable and washable, which makes them convenient for cleaning. However, seat covers have some drawbacks as well.
- Cost: Seat covers range from $40 to $200, depending on the quality, material, and fit. You can be installing them at your house the next day through Amazon or immediately by popping over to Auto Zone.
- Appearance: Seat covers can vary in how well they match your vehicle’s interior and how snugly they fit your seats. Universal seat covers are usually loose and generic-looking, while vehicle-specific seat covers are more tailored and customized. However, even the best seat covers cannot hide existing damage or flaws on your seats.
- Value Added to Vehicle: Seat covers do not add any value to your vehicle, as they are not considered part of the original equipment. They can only help prevent further deterioration of your seats, which might affect the resale value of your vehicle.
Factory OEM Replacement Seats
Factory OEM replacement seats are the original seats that came with your vehicle when it was manufactured. They are designed to fit perfectly with your vehicle’s model, year, and trim level. They also come with all the features and options that were available for your vehicle, such as heating, cooling, lumbar support, power adjustment, etc. Factory OEM replacement seats are the best option if you want to restore your vehicle’s interior to its original condition or upgrade it to a higher-end version.
- Cost: Factory OEM replacement seats vary in price based on the year, make, model, condition, and availability of the seats. They are usually more expensive than seat covers or aftermarket leather covers, but cheaper than custom upholstery or Katzkin leather covers.
- Appearance: Factory OEM replacement seats have the best fit and finish for your vehicle’s interior. They are free of any major imperfections or defects, and they match the color and style of your original seats. They also have the same stitching, padding, and shape as your original seats.
- Value Added to Vehicle: Factory OEM replacement seats can add significant value to your vehicle if your current seats are in bad condition or if you upgrade to a higher-end version. For example, replacing cloth seats with leather seats can increase the comfort, durability, and appeal of your vehicle. Adding OEM leather seats can also add additional features such as heat, air cooling, lumbar support, bolster support, and power adjustment. These features can enhance the driving experience and attract more potential buyers.
Katzkin Aftermarket Leather Seat Skin Covers
Katzkin leather seat covers are premium leather covers that replace the entire upholstery of your seats. Katzkin leather seat covers are the best option if you want to customize your vehicle’s interior with high-quality leather and a variety of colors, patterns, and designs not offered from the factory.
- Cost: Katzkin leather seat covers cost between $1800-$5000, depending on the vehicle, material, and design. They also require professional installation, which can take 5 working days. You might also need to replace or repair your foam if it is worn out or damaged, which can add to the cost.
- Appearance: Katzkin / full aftermarket leather seat covers have a superior appearance and quality compared to other types of seat covers. They are made of high-grade leather that is soft, smooth, and durable. They also have a perfect fit and finish that conforms to the shape and contours of your seats. They come in a wide range of colors, patterns, and designs that you can choose from to match your personal style and preference.
- Value Added to Vehicle: Katzkin / full aftermarket leather seat covers can add considerable value to your vehicle if they enhance the appearance and comfort of your interior. They can also attract more buyers who are looking for a premium and customized vehicle. However, they might not add as much value as OEM Replacement Seats because they do not come with any factory features or upgrades that might improve the functionality or performance of your seats.These upgrades include powered Seat Tracks Heat and or Air Conditioning, powered Lumbar, and powered Recline just to name a few. If you want a totally Customized Seat Build with new Leather and Seat Upgrades, our seat technicians will design the perfects seats with your style in mind.